Santa Rosa Families,
We would like to invite you to join us tomorrow night for our Back to School Bash and Book Swap. (6 PM to 7 PM) This is a great opportunity to find out what your child will be expected to learn and master this year. Each grade level will share their expectations and answer any questions you may have. We will run two sessions for each grade so that you can visit more than one class if needed (first session is at 6:00 and second session is at 6:30). Bring your gently read books and exchange them for new reading in our annual Book Swap in the cafeteria. We hope to see you tomorrow night.
August 23 - Book Swap and Back to School Bash 6 PM to 7 PM
August 30 - Primary Election held in our Library
September 2 - No School in observance of Labor Day
September 9 - Patriot's Day (flag raising and remembrance event of 9/11)
September 23 - Picture Day
September 30 - Character Assembly
Good to Know...
· Attendance - It is extremely important that your child is at school the entire school day. Students arriving late are left catching up on daily routine, and students being checked out early miss out on the end of the day instruction. If you are picking up your child early or your child is late to school, he or she will not qualify for perfect attendance along with missing valuable learning time with his or her class. Please keep your child in school the entire day. Daily attendance is crucial, if your child is vomiting or has a fever, please keep him or her home until they are 24 hours symptom free. Colds, sneezing and sore muscles are no reason to keep your child home.
· Sunscreens and bug repellent - please make sure that your children are not bringing these to school. Your child needs to put on sunscreen and bug repellent prior to coming to school. We realize that with the wash behind the school, we end up with mosquitoes in our field.
· Scorpion Scholars - We are excited to bring back the Scorpion Scholars before and after school program. We have been approved for another five years of funding. The program will start first week in September. Applications will be going home soon.
· Dismissal - Thank you for your patience as we get into our dismissal routine. We have become much faster as our students know the routines now. We are asking all of our students who are marked as walkers/biker (RED) to complete an updated Dismissal Form to let us know what will be the dismissal in case the wash is closed. Updated forms went home with all of our RED Tag students last week, if you did not complete the form please completed the attached document and return to your child's teacher. The wash closes each time we get heavy rains and we anticipate to have to dismiss through the alternate route again.
· PTO - Please see attached newsletter from our PTO.
· Communication - Please make sure that your information (email and phone number) is up to date with us. Most of our communication is via email and Connect Ed calls. You can always call or stop by to update information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information or have any questions. We are working on updating our website and Facebook.
Thank you for your time,
Eva Safranek, Principal
Santa Rosa Elementary School